We played host to Tusker FC, under the scorching sun in Nairobi with a good home record against them preceding us; a goalless draw in 2017 and a 5-2 thumping in 2018.

The coach made several changes to the starting line-up bringing in Michael Bodo, Athanas Mdam and Vincent Wasambo.

Athanas was quick to make an impression as he danced past two Tusker FC defenders and brought in a low cross that led to an Abege tap in being blocked in the 8th minute. Two minutes later, another perfect build up play orchestrated by Athanas ended with Yidah shooting wide.

Bonface Onyango then picked up Wasambo with a inch perfect long ball looped behind the opponents defence line but the latter failed to convert when through on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat. Athanas then also found himself one on one with the keeper after a defensive mix up but his attempt to loop it over the keeper went agonizingly wide.

Brian Bwire starting his third consecutive game the pulled two saves in quick succession denying Muchiri and Timothy to keep us alive before Yidah’s last gap tackle in the six yard box in the dying minutes saved us from conceding just before the break.

We continued to raid our opponents in the second half but with no goal to avail. It was the visitors instead who took the lead in the 63rd minute through a set piece with Timothy Otieno heading in from our six yard box.

The coach introduced debutant Julius Masaba who tormented the defence with his runs on the right wing, setting up two perfect cut-backs for Wasambo who sent them over the bar. We would rue our chances as the visitors hit home the second in the 76th minute with yet another header from a set piece.

It was really a game of missed chances and the lads will blame themselves for not being clinical in front of goal as it kept the opponents alive for so long and it came back to haunt us.

The boys will have to bring their scoring boots as we play Sofapaka on Thursday away from home.

Leave a Reply

Kenya Premier League