The Sharkmen put up a valiant effort against a good KCB side on Matchday 25 earlier this evening to settle for a point at Kasarani Annex.

The start of the game was befitting as we drew first blood after a well worked move which started with Frederick Alushula who dribbled forth and cut across the field slipping a neat pass to Geoffrey Onyango who dribbled past Baraka Badi expertly to send an inviting ball which evaded everyone to find Masaba with a rabona which was met by a well positioned Steve Otieno header to complete a well worked move.

Steve Otieno celebrates his second goal earlier today against KCB.

In the 24th minute, Engine Patilah Omoto pulled his trademark defence splitting pass to release Alushula on the right this time with Alembi to beat, He made no mistake and quickly cut back to Mata who’s shot cum pass was connected by Steve Otieno at the back post to double our lead.

The first booking of the game came in the 40th minute when Julius Masaba was yellow carded for foul play.

KCB looked daunting in attack in the following few minutes but The Sharkmen held their lead well to head into the breather with a two-goal cushion.

Julius Masaba tussles for the ball with KCB’s Hillary Wandera

The second half saw Steve Otieno forced out of his show with an injury that He had picked up earlier in the first half and was replaced by Enock Wanyama.

KCB came into the second half with renewed energy pinning Sharks deep into their own half as result Baraka Badi fires in a low cross in the 56th into the box that is miscued by The Sharks rearguard as it found its way to John Mwangi who set up Henry Onyango to pull one back for the bankers.

Wanyama’s unceremonious exit came in the 60th minute having been on the field for a paltry 15 minutes apparently things weren’t working out according to plan prompting the introduction of Isaac Wasambo and John Omondi for Keith Imbali.

Bonface Onyango dribbles away from his marker Derrick Otanga.

KCB got their equalising goal in the 78th minute when John Mwangi was brought down just at the edge of the box. Derrick Otanga stepped looped his free kick inches above the 5 man wall dipping on time into the net to seal the visitors one point.

Mathew Kibiwott and Alphonce Omija were brought in later on for Geoffrey Onyango and Douglas Mokaya respectively.

Head Coach William Muluya’s sentiments after on the game.

” We have to appreciate the fact that our opponents came back stronger in the second half.

We still have a long way to go since it’s that time that we need to have a lot of concentration basically with 9 games to go because we play them again next weekend, now is when the aspect of character proves to be vital.”


Leave a Reply

Kenya Premier League